About This Initiative
ReInvent Schools Las Vegas is based on a National Community School Model, where educators and community partners align assets and expertise in order to improve student success.
ReInvent Schools is an intentional school transformation strategy concentrating on expanded learning opportunities, health and social services, family and community engagement, as well as early childhood development.
Through the use of AmeriCorps Tutors and Student Success Members, more than 8,855 students receive support at 12 elementary schools and one middle school. ReInvent Schools are showing improvements in student attendance, reading proficiency, parental involvement, and reduced disciplinary referrals; these outcomes are leading to promising academic improvements.
Each school year begins with an energizing, motivating ReInvent Schools Training Summit, for the full spectrum of school staff, which reinforces the core set of shared operating principles. Together students and families are motivated and engaged in learning both in school and after-school.
To continue to grow the ReInvent Schools model and increase support services and programs to current school communities, the Mayor’s Fund is seeking partnerships to:
- Extend the Home Visit Program to all partner schools and increase the number of home visits per school
- Restock book inventory for home libraries
- Increase Safekey before- and after-school scholarships
- Launch lending library of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) kits for at-home, hands-on learning
- Support mental wellness services
- Sponsor or host the ReInvent Schools Las Vegas’ annual School Training Summit