This website is currently being maintained by the city of Las Vegas. The city of Las Vegas considers any information received and available through this website as if it were supplied in writing or through an in-person visit to our offices. We would like to clarify what is considered private and confidential in a public and open environment such as ours.
Nevada Revised Statute 239.010 states that “All public books and public records of a governmental entity, the contents of which are not otherwise declared by law to be confidential, must be open at all times during office hours to inspection by any person…” “Public records” are regarded as those records that we generate or receive and then maintain in order to conduct city business.
Confidential by Law
We protect against disclosure of all information declared by law to be confidential. This includes:
- Personal medical records
- Criminal history records
- Gross revenue data submitted by our business licensees to calculate the business activity tax
- Communications between citizens and law offices
- Also kept confidential are credit card numbers used in transactions with the city of Las Vegas.
Email messages sent to any city of Las Vegas address will be treated the same as any other written communication, and may be subject to public review. Email or other information requests sent tothis website may be maintained in order to:
- Respond to the request
- Forward the request to the appropriate agency
- Communicate updates to the page that may be of interest to you
- Provide web designers with valuable customer feedback to improve the website
Email addresses obtained as a result of a request to this website shall not be sold or distributed to private companies.
For additional questions or comments, please contact us.